Chapter Church of St. of the apostles Peter and Paul in Vyšehrad in its current form is a three-nave pseudo-basilica with chapels on the side naves, a deep, triangular closed chancel with a sacristy and a chapel on the sides.
The chapter basilica was founded in 1070 by Prince Wrocław II., in 1129 it was enlarged. During repairs after the fire of 1249, most of the Romanesque essence of the building disappeared and was replaced by a Gothic three-aisled nave. In the years 1885–1903, the basilica was regotized in three stages; the presbytery was extended, a sacristy and a depository were established, and the baroque main nave was regotized and re-vaulted. The construction proceeded according to the plans of the architect Josef Mocker.
The painting of the presbytery, Šancovská chapel and side naves comes from the Viennese painter Karel Jobst. The second part was decorated in the Art Nouveau style according to A. Mucha (1860–1939) by F. Urban and M. Urbanová-Zahradnická (1868–1945).
Between 1988 and 1994, the interior of the church was extensively restored. In 2003, Pope John Paul II promoted Vyšehrad Chapter Church to the Papal Basilica Minor.