The original round pavilion was made of wood. It was built on the occasion of the Exhibition of Architecture and Engineering, which took place at the Prague Exhibition Grounds from 15 June to 1 October 1898.
In 1908, a new building was built, also presented as part of the Chamber of Commerce and Trades Exhibition. In 1929, however, the wooden structure of this pavilion could not bear the amount of snow that fell, and it collapsed. At the time, the damaged painting was restored by Bohumír Číla.
The current appearance of the building dates to 1934, when the five hundredth anniversary of the Battle of Lipany was celebrated. The painting found itself in the hands of restorers a number of times, the last time being due to the flood in 2002. The pavilion was reopened in 2004. In 1991 the Marold Panorama was declared a National Cultural Monument.